Fun Fly Schedule
- Figure of Eight :- How many figure of eights in a set time for model type, timed from the start of the first eight. No height or size limit.
- Spot Landing :- Take off, complete 1 circuit and land dead-stick in the same direction as take-off, no time limit and no go-rounds. More than 10m from the spot, no score, closest to the spot, 10 points, next 6 points, then 5,4,3,2,1.
- Number of Loops :- Number of loops in a set time for model type, timed from the start of the first loop. No size limit.
- 30 + 60 :- Take off and fly for 30 seconds (timed). Throttle to tick over, then glide and touch down after a further 60 seconds. You have to estimate the time to touch down. Lose 1 mark for every 5 seconds +/- 60 seconds. NO Timers or Watches Allowed.
- Smartie Drop :- A small cup with 10 Smarties in it will be taped to the wing. Take off and complete 1 Loop and land, (no time limit). Count the number of Smarties.
- Touch and Goes :- How many touch and goes can you do in a set time for model type from wheels off. Touches must be on the mown strip and with at least 1 wheel.
- Round the Pole :- Take off then fly around the pole 3 times then land. Landing must be in the same direction as take off. Time starts from wheels off.
- Fast Taxi :- Taxi from one end of the landing strip to the other in the shortest time. Taking off scores no points.
- Balloon Burst :- Take off in front of the line, fly a circuit, land after the line in the same direction as the take off, taxi back and burst the balloon. Time starts from wheels off, landing before the line adds 20secs to time.
Fun Fly Rules
Schedules :- Flying out of bounds counts NIL score for that schedule.
All timings are from wheels leaving the ground unless otherwise stated.
Scores will be ‘normalised’ i.e. 10 points for first place, 6 points for second place, then 5,4,3,2,1.
Dead Stick :- Engine must be dead at the time of touch down.
Set Time for Model Types :-
1 Minute 30 seconds for Trainers, Wot 4s,Travel Airs and Aircraft of that Genre.
1 Minute for Funflys, i.e. Cougars, Limbo Dancers e.t.c.
There is no restriction on model or engine size, if it’s got wings and wheels it can fly, but the same model must be used for all schedules.
Click here for a PDF containing the schedule and rules.